Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Scuttle Pad

Scuttle Pad is a social network designed for kids ages 6-11. While I'm not sure how I feel about young kids using a social network, it is obvious that it plays a huge role in today's society and if it is going to be done, Scuttle Pad appears to be the way to do it. For example, all pictures are reviewed before being posted, kids can only choose from a preselected word list, and only first name and cities are allowed to be revealed. This might just be the solution that parents/teachers are looking for.

Give Scuttle Pad a try by clicking here.



I'd like to thank Richard Byrne's wonderful blog for the tip!!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Seems like an interesting site, I think that Richard's thoughts on using it to teach responsible internet use are probably it's best use at this time. I need to check it out further, but I would consider using it with my students.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!