Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pecha Kucha

Pecha Kucha (please, don't ask me to pronounce ;-) is a relatively new style of presentation. Shelly Terrell first introduced me to do this, and besides really confusing me about the terminology, I'm very glad that she did (read her much more detailed review here).

This presentation consists of only 20 slides, and each slide auto-advances to the next after 20 seconds. So, the entire presentation ends up lasting 6 min 40 sec per presenter. In the traditional style all presenters go one after another. Only when all the presentations are done do people gather to network/collaborate on the event.

Below is a Pecha Kucha video on Pecha Kucha....


I really can see this being a benefit in a conference/convention type setting. I almost like to think of it as speed dating for presentations. This way people get a visual on a certain topic, digest the information, then process how they want to proceed after it is all done. A lot of educational topics can be covered in a Pech Kucha event which can only enhance the networking experience.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. I love it speed dating for presentations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After having sat through a presentation recently which involved the speaker reading all the bullet points on her slides (it was torture by the way),I feel that this is something that needs to be embraced by presenters at conferences, within school districts, etc. This would keep audiences engaged and hungry for more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!