Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Boinx TV

Boinx TV is a news broadcasting solution for Mac and the primary reason why I purchased the Mac Heist bundle. I've been working w/ Wirecast for a long time as I helped create the TV studio in my old district, and after trying out Boinx I've had some interesting thoughts...

First off, if you are going to be using Boinx you really need to be running it on a Macbook Pro or the equivlent desktop machine. If not, then you'll be getting an error message that may be looking like this...



However, you can still run Boinx (although it may be slow and your computer's fans might go into over-drive) and you'll be happy that you did.

While I find Boinx not as user friendly as Wirecast it really has some nice features that sets it apart from it's competition. There are a vast amounts of themes that you can choose from: sports, interview, traditional news cast, etc. which make it very easy to get the look you are going for. Plus, you can customize any one of their templates to make it look exactly how you want.

While I do prefer Wirecast (probably because I'm used to it and biased), I still think Boinx is a less expensive alternative that accomplishes the same thing. Although, in reality you couldn't go wrong w/ either one of these fine applications as they are both great!!!



For more info click here.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!